The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix

One Day in December by Josie Silver




Review:

Whoa. Let’s start there. I don’t know what I was anticipating from this book, but it sure left me gobsmacked from the first bitten off earlobe...if you are expecting Twilight meets Vampire Diaries meets True Blood, you would be wrong. This is a true Vampire story with all the blood and guts and rats and evilness formerly associated with said creatures before the romantic vampires of Twilight became the norm.  It was GOOD. Half the time I felt like I was reading a women’s fiction novel about housewives in the late 1980’s, and then I’d be hit full on with biting rats, oh the rats...if you are a Vampire lover, def worth a read! All I can say is GO PATRICIA!

Questions:

1. How did you feel about the way the husbands treated the wives? Was domesticity really like it’s described in this decade?

2. Which of the book club ladies was your favorite. Why?

3. Did the male author do a good job of developing his female main character? Why or why not?


CROWNSTAR Rating:






Return to our book list page at tRBCQ

No comments:

Post a Comment